In reaction to our Deadly Dominoes post from a week ago, two of our good friends - David Dome of London and Red Bear from Wyoming - called my attention to amazingly similar things that they had heard from "Red Crow."
Floyd "Red Crow" Westerman was an elder of the Dakota Sioux, a thinker, a man of spirit, and a musician. His beliefs were so close to Jewish spirituality, lending even more credibility to what many believe that the Native Americans stem from the Ten Lost Tribes of Israel. Red Crow died in 2007 from a battle with leukemia, but before he left this earth, he recorded his legacy on film, which we are happy to share with you. Among other things, Red Crow said (italics are LB's comments):
1. There is a time for purification and a time for renewal - this concept is recurrent all through Torah.
2. A society dies when it forgets how to live on earth - the land regurgitates the morally corrupt.
3. Man's inability to live on earth in a spiritual fashion indicates his end - such is the fate of decadent societies.
4. If you're not spiritually connected, you won't survive - right out of the Torah.
5. Everything is spiritual, everything has a spirit - see Zohar, Ariza'l
6. There is One Creator - the first commandment and first tenet of emuna
7. Our time on earth is limited, then we go to the spiritual world - basic tenet of Judaism
8. The spiritual world is more real than the physical world - basic tenet of Breslever thought.
9. When the elements of the earth are corrupted, so is man - see Gemara, Midrash Raba, Breishit
10. The monkey may be your ancestor, but he's not ours - we don't believe in Darwin.
See and hear for yourself: