Our sages mention five special attributes about our beloved Land of Israel, as follows:
1. If a person is on a high enough spiritual level, he'll be able to see that the rocks of Eretz Yisrael glitter like diamonds (Be'er Maim Chaim - Rebbe Chaim of Chernovitz).
2. The soil of Eretz Yisrael is holier than the sky of Chutz L'aretz (lands outside of Israel) (Chasam Sopher).
3. The Gemara says (Berachos 59a) that since the destruction of the holy Temple, the sky has lost its purity; The Shatzer Rebbe ob"m (Da'as Sholom) says that the Gemara is speaking about Chutz L'aretz, and that the skies of Eretz Yisrael maintain their purity forever.
4. The world is like a funnel, where all prayers are channeled into Eretz Yisrael, and arise to the heavens from Eretz Yisrael (Aravei Nachal, Zohar).
5. Eretz Yisrael is so holy, that saying anything derogatory about it is virtually unforgivable; the slander of Eretz Yisrael lengthens the diaspora (Melitzer Rebbe shlit'a).
Rabbi Shalom Arush sends his blessings to all of you who are preparing to make aliya; to those of you who are praying to make aliya, the Rav shlit'a blesses you that your prayers will be answered.